Thursday 21 June 2012

S M A S H it up!

Unless you have been living under a rock for the last year or so you have probably heard about SMASH books. If not, check out the little video below - and if you have heard of SMASH but haven't seen the video yet, take a minute or two to watch. It's super cool!


As a pretty traditional scrapbooker I didn't get all caught up in the craziness that was SMASH when it first came out. I was strong, like an ox and didn't cave.....until now.

At the time I was afraid that I'd go crazy buying all the fun accessories and then either lose interest or forget about it all together. Does that happen to you? If so, keep reading.

If you have been keeping up with my Going's On you'll know I've been teaching classes at the Burlington Michael's Arts and Crafts Stores and one of the classes I've recently been asked to teach is a "what to do with your SMASH book" SMASH class.

In order to prep for my class I thought I had better have a closer look at these oversize, pretty paper, writing books..... and guess what, I got sucked right in! I love them and I'm a total 'SMASHER' now! The photography is wonderful (but you probably already knew that right?) and the themes of the books are so fun. There is all sorts of space to write if you want or if you would rather leave some of the pages blank they can totally stand on their own. And of course the accessories!!! The rubber bands to keep them closed, the tags the tabs, the strips and clips....sigh, I love it all!


So as I said, I caved and bought my first SMASH book - for an upcoming holiday in Vancouver/Victoria next month. I thought it would make an awesome travel journal!! I figure I can't forget about it of its tucked into my carry-on bag AND if I do some pre-trip prep work to make it easy and fun.... I'm more apt to want to write, stick, glue, tuck, paste or adhere something to it each day.

Any guesses as to which colour I picked? Hint: if you guessed red you would be WRONG! I know, go figure?!?



I actually picked the green one. It's called Echo and I really liked all the natural images and photos inside - absolutely PERFECT for our Echo trip out west!!! I can't wait to filler' up with ticket stubs, flight info, hotel bits and bobs. Eeekkkkk! I'm so excited! I can hardly stand it!!


As part of the class I'm teaching on Saturday we'll be making a bunch of different pockets and tabs as well as some really fun hidden pages! I've added all these to my album as part of the 'pre-trip prepwork' I talked about above. I can't wait to share them with you.
So if you got caught up in the craze at the beginning or you're simply looking for some new and inspiring stuff to add to your SMASH I'd love for you to join me.
Call the store at 905-639-8146 to register or click here for directions.

Enjoy,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment