Friday 21 September 2012

Take Twelve in September

It's Take Twelve Round Up Day over at Ella Publishing!! Go check it out.



There are some FANTASTIC layouts created by Take Twelve Team Members this month. I think my favourite has to be Monica's layout - I just love baker's twine zig zagging down the page - don't you!!
And did you read Van's story about no rainbows without rain? I'm not sure I could handle everything she's been through this month!

Although my layout wasn't featured this month (we're all taking turns and I was featured last month) you can see my layout and photos below.

As mentioned in this post I decided to follow along with the Guided Inspiration Kit checklist and take my photos of my/our daily routine.

These photos:


Became part of this layout:


I used the Guided Inspiration Kit again for my layout. I based the photo arrangement and the journal block on a sketch offered in the guide.

My photos were slightly smaller so I was able to add a decorative strip down the right and still have a margin of background paper before the edge.


I've been following a new art blog for a few months and absolutely LOVE some the techniques shared. One of my favourites is using the embossing folders as stamps, so I decided to give it a try.

For the background I started off with a basic grid patterned paper (from We R Memory Keepers I believe) and added some yellow green distress ink in splotches around the two pages.
I used a few light squirts of the Distress spray in a darker colour on the embossing folder, then flipped it over and pressed it into the paper.

You can see where some of the spray is a bit heavier (the first press) and some lighter (a second and third press). I found the hardest part was trying to keep from getting a straight edge print from the side of the template.

I love how it looks though. I will certainly be trying this technique again!!


The title was a similar trick I used in this 'Beautiful' layout where I trimmed the outline of the negative space left from the letter to create another letter. I like how you can see the background through the outline.

The second part of the title was created with a ancient alpha sticker set that was almost the same colour as the background. To make it pop off the page I outlined the whole thing in black marker. Same with the 'typical' title. A little black marker goes a loooong way.

And have you heard the big news? Ella Publishing is now part of Big Picture Classes!! More on this soon!!

Enjoy,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment