Thursday 17 May 2012

Take Twelve for May

Another finished layout for Ella Publishing's Take Twelve Photo Challenge.

This month, the 12th was a Saturday and lucky for me it was also a 'kid free' Saturday so my husband and I took advantage of the nice weather and drove to St. Jacobs where they have a huge indoor/outdoor market.

It was the perfect spot to take photos - the people, the food, the vendors! It was hard to limit the photos to just twelve this time around.


I mixed up the sizes of my photos this month keeping some 4x6 (with some trimmed slightly smaller) and others the 4x6 'two up' size like I printed last month

I flipped through the sketches in Ella's Guided Inspiration Kit and was drawn to Sketch 11. I tweaked the sketch a bit to fit my photos - I didn't want to trim them down too much - plus I added the paper strips and the string to each edge and used some simple embellishments to add some extra interest. 

 The bright green pokadot paper (Scenic Route) really sets off the photos. 

The main title and the number 5 are corrugated alphas from Jillibean Soup.
 
I think these are some of my favourite letters - I love the look of the scuffed up/sanded edges.

What about you? Are you taking the Take Twelve Photo Challenge? Have you finished your layout yet?

Enjoy,
~J 

2 comments:

  1. Ah memories - I used to go to St. Jacobs almost every weekend when we lived in W'loo ... starving student indeed, but I splashed out on food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how colorful this is!

    ReplyDelete