Thursday 26 April 2012

One Page Sketch

Have you seen the layouts this week for the One Page Sketch over at Sketch Support?
You can download this and other One Page Sketches here.



It always amazes me how different the resulting layouts are when we all begin at the same starting point. Of course colour, pattern and photo differences are a given but even the photo placement and themes...such a variety of themes.

I chose photos from a few summers ago when we spent a week in Collingwood; roasting marshmallows in the fire at the resort we stayed. These handful of pictures have been patiently waiting in my 'to be scrapbooked' pile since then. The girls look so young!!


I changed the number of photos to three and bumped up the sizes compared to the sketch - I find it hard to crop my photos to 2x2 unless I've had them printed smaller at the developer.

I swapped out the hearts for stars but kept them in the same general location as the sketch. To create the stars, I used a mask from Heidi Swapp to trace around and then cut out of patterned paper. The stars are bumped up and layered over the photos and each other.



Rather than the straight stitching detail, I opted for a blanket stitch where the patterned paper strips meet the background. I used my Sew Easy to mark the holes...and it was Sew, err, So Easy!! The stitching itself was time comsuming. About half way through I was questioning my decision on doing this...but in the end, I really like how it looks. 

The journal card is actually a 7 Gypsies ATC card. I love how the knotch in the bottom gave a perfect place for wrapping the floss.  



If you would like to make a layout similar to this one, be sure to check out the 'Learn' page on our website. This 'Marshmallow Cookin' layout is one of the three we'll create as part of the Red, Yellow & Blue Layout Class taking place Thursday May 24th at The Kit Company Headquarters, in Burlington.

We would love to have you join us!!

Enjoy,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment