Saturday 18 August 2012

Take 12 Reveal

It's Take Twelve Reveal Day for Ella's 'Take Twelve Photo Challenge. I mentioned last week that I used the bonus checklist from the Guided Inspiration Kit as inspiration for my photos this month. It's all about FOOD!!!



Again this month I had the developer print my photos small so that two fit on a standard 4x6 sheet. I'm really enjoying working with these smaller sizes.

My food photos feature veggies out of the potted planters from our backyard as well as the ones we picked from the garden at the girls' school. I snapped images from breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as our bedtime treat.


I used a dark brown cardstock for the background and ran it through my sewing machine to create 3" and 4" sections to house the photos.  A simple Jenny Bowlin label sticker (trimmed in half) and two sets of letter stickers take care of the title. Orange journal strips marked with an orange brad complete the story.

After I was finished, I felt the layout, although simple, was still missing something. So I used some olive green acrylic paint and a cotton ball to swipe some colour around the edges. This helps unify the two pages.

What about you? Did you 'Take Twelve' this month?

Enjoy,
~J

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous bright colors and the photos are stunning! Love the paint around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page! I love how you sewed on the grid lines and I agree with Valerie that the painting around the edges look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete