Wednesday 21 August 2013

Sketches are BAAACCCCKKKK!!!

If you have been following along here from the beginning you will know how much I LOVE sketches! You can find some previous examples here, here and here.

My hands-down, absolute favourite are Allison Davis Sketches, and that's not just 'cause I was on the Sketch Support Creative Team at one point! LOL! Check out some past projects for Sketch Support here, here and here.

Allison makes it so easy. In all her Sketches she gives you the measurements, placement and variation options for each layout as well as reference to how many photos you'll need. It's like getting multiple sketches in one. How great is that?!? The possibilities are endless.

Sketch Support has morphed into Sketch Week. Recently Allison asked me, along with some other past CT Members, if we would want to help promote Sketch Week. Of course I said YES!!

You can purchase and download all the Sketches for August here, even the FREE one I based my layout on.




You can see I followed the sketch almost to the letter.

My main photo is 4x4, I used two smaller photos but trimmed them to 2.5x2.5, a bit larger than in the sketch.

Instead of hearts I used some ancient Heidi Swapp chipboard. The two photo corners around the main photo and the itty-bitty heart at the bottom right.

My title is larger too, so I modified the location to suit.

See that dark strip along the bottom of my layout? Well, that's there to correct a little mistake. Check back later this week and I'll take you through the journey of how I created this page and even show you how I fixed it. {wink}

This was such a quick project, it took no time at all and it really gave me the push I needed to get these photos scrapbooked.Check one more layout off my list!!

I can't wait for the September's Sketch. I know before it even reaches my In-box it's going to be AWESOME!!

Enjoy,
~J

3 comments:

  1. GREAT job on the sketch. I think it is harder to stick to the original sketch design than veering off-like I seem to do. I love your pictures and the RED just brings it all together. Thanks for sharing and inspiring this week. Yay for Sketches! Especially Allison's!

    ReplyDelete