Tuesday 4 February 2014

A look back

I was looking back through some older layouts the other day (in all honesty, I was cleaning up my scrapbook room and needed to put away a pile of layouts into albums) and I came across these two layouts I created as part of an assignment for a Design Team and later morphed into class during a retreat.
 
I was reminded that I really do enjoy scrapbooking. I love the art of combining photos with stories and of course... the fun extras you get to add to the page. I found the inspiration I needed to get out some photos I haven't yet scrapbooked and make something. (more on this in a future post) 
 

I love the colour combos in this 'All You Need Is Love" layout. The red here just steals my heart! I love love LOVE it!! And the turquoise and lime green - GASP! Wow... it just pops doesn't it?

See that heart on the bottom left? That's shaped from red wire and adhered to the page with thread. I love that heart too. And those flags!! I love that cluster of flags. The variety of shapes and different papers.  This was a simple layout and didn't take much time to put together...... but I love it. And I'm so glad I took the time to create it.



This 'Make A Wish' layout was fun to create. I remember I had recently purchased that Martha Stewart border punch that cuts the fancy scallop at the bottom. And that tone on tone flower paper is flocked... so it's fuzzy to touch. (tell me that's not fun!!)

Those pictures of my youngest at the playground; we have so many of those kind of photo, I didn't want to create yet another fun at the park layout. So, I took a queue from the patterned paper and during a bedtime snuggle asked my daughter what she would wish for. I made notes of the green Jeep she would buy, and how she would live forever at Great Wolf Lodge! LOL!! All the journaling is hidden on a card behind those red flowers on the right. I was able to capture her feelings and greatest wishes at a specific age. Something I'm sure she will enjoy looking back at in another 10+ years. {smile}.

What about you? Maybe you need to take a look back at some of the layouts you've created to find the inspiration to keep going. Maybe it's a simple page like mine above. Maybe you need to take some snuggle time and make a list or two.

Either way, spending a bit of time looking back could be just what you need to push you forward.

Enjoy,
~J


No comments:

Post a Comment