Saturday 5 May 2012

Card Sketch Inspires Layouts

This week's Card Sketch at Sketch Support was screaming out spring. That super cute flower in the middle of the circle, the band trimmed with stitches. It was easy to use this card sketch as a springboard for inspiring not one, but two totally different layouts. Download the sketch here.


All month long Sketch Support is teaming up with Nikki Sivils and her latest release of papers and embellishments!! They are fantastic and so much fun. I love the crisp clear designs and couldn't believe all the stuff included in the collection.

I picked the Noah line to use - I thought it would be nice to stretch out of my regular 'girlie' pinks and try some more masculine looks. As you'll soon see, I was still able to make the boy paper girlie with flowers and such! LOL!!

Thanks so much to Nikki and Katrina for arranging the swap. Be sure to check out the Nikki Sivils blog for their takes on the Card Sketch above.





I loved the circles down the left of the sketch so I punched the blue patterned paper with different sized circles and layered it over the lighter blue 'text' patterned paper. Rather than trimming the darker blue to just a strip, I extended it across the page leaving just a hint of the light blue on each side. Then, just like the sketch, I added a row of red stitching down the sides of my extended strip of paper.


Like I said above, I loved the flower in the middle of the circle but for my layout I decided to put a spin on not only the location but the type of flower I used. I punched three five-petal flowers out of the red patterned paper. I scrunched and distressed the petals and layered them inside one another. A navy blue button finishes it off.


The 'goofy' title was created by trimming strips of paper and folding them over the white hemp string. I added the letter stickers and some fine pen work to the banner after it was secured in place.


Cardstock and patterned paper circles accentuate the row of circles with the buttons tied with red floss adding a bit of whimsy and fun.

Check back tomorrow when I'll post the second layout I created from this week's Card Sketch.

Enjoy,
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment