Friday 3 May 2013

getting messy

Decided to take an online class for adding mixed media to scrapbook layouts.

The first lesson was using gesso. To prep cardstock for water colour, to 'tone down' patterned paper, to create a 'home' for journaling.

Here we were encouraged to use gesso on Cardstock and then Gelato water colour sticks. The gesso makes the Gelatos blend able. Then the fun part of removing the colour with stencils and a baby wipe!!

I loved this! The look is different from my normal style but that's what I was looking for, something to take me out of my comfort zone. I'm still not quite finished (and its already week two) but after I add my photo, a few embellishments and story, I'll be done.

First photo is stitching the smaller sheet of Cardstock on top of the larger. Plus adding in some texture with the flocked border up the side.

Second photo is the Gelato sticks, think Chapstick like tubes of yummy watercolour, scribbled on the gesso covered Cardstock.

Third photo is after the Gelatos have been blended. Blending was easy with clean dry paper towel.

Fourth photo is after the colour is removed with a baby wipe. I used a fern stencil as well as a butterfly.

I can't wait to show you more!!








No comments:

Post a Comment